Got super busy with revenue-producing activities, so you’ll have to do with a snarky bullet-point post. Strap in; here we go:
- Zombie in a Penguin Suit is just what it says on the tin. Really well done, actually scary in places, and oddly poignant. Direct link to site.
- Also from jwz’s blog, go read C. Monster’s treatise on Occupy Sesame Street.
- It is utterly stupid of me to mention the Nest thermostat, as I fear Mrs Heathen will see it and fall in love. It IS pretty, but I’m not sure it’s $250 pretty. What’s most interesting about it is that it’s evidence of Apple’s — and therefore Jobs’ — broad influence in technology and industrial design. I suspect that’s something we’ll see more of.
- If you’re looking for something to read, this is a great list.
- Apparently, Joss Whedon is making a Shakespeare movie.
- You may or may not know this, but Pringles are not made of potatoes.
- Animals talking in ALL CAPS is occasionally hliarious.
- This video is all over the place this week, but it’s still rad.
- “No wireless. Less space than a Nomad. Lame.” The iPod is now ten years old. (If you’re confused, this is where the quote is from; MeFi was on the case back then, too; we at Heathen were apparently asleep at the switch.)