The source blog’s title is worth noting: “For Christmas, Your Government Will Explain Why It’s Legal to Kill You” — except, of course, that it won’t do that, either.
Here’s their summary, quoted in full:
- The government dropped a bomb on a U.S. citizen,
- who, though a total dick and probably a criminal, may have been engaged only in propaganda,
- which, though despicable, is generally protected by the First Amendment;
- it did so without a trial or even an indictment (that we know of),
- based at least in part on evidence it says it has but won’t show anyone,
- and on a legal argument it has apparently made but won’t show anyone,
- and the very existence of which it will not confirm or deny;
- although don’t worry, because the C.I.A. would never kill an American without having somebody do a memo first;
- and this is the “most transparent administration ever”;
- currently run by a Nobel Peace Prize winner.
I’d really love for someone to explain to me why I shouldn’t be utterly terrified by this.