Yet another tale of a giant corporation behaving like a jackass: Booze giant Diageo extorts award out from under rightful winner.
Diageo, if you’re not familiar, is a Brit multinational and the world’s largest producer of distilled spirits, as well as a giant in beer and wine. Here’s a helpful list of their brands, in the event that you, like Heathen Central, wish to avoid them in the future:
- Beer: Guinness, Tusker, Smithwick’s, Red Stripe, Harp, Kilkenny
- Scotch: Johnnie Walker, Carhu, J&B, Caol Ila, Oban, Talisker, Lagavulin, Dalwhinnie, Cragganmore, Haig
- Vodka: Smirnoff, Ciroc, Popov, Ketel One
- Gin: Gordon’s, Tanqueray, Gilbey’s, Booth’s.
- Rum: Captain Morgan, Myers
- Bourbon: Bulleit
- Canadian whisky: Crown Royal, Seagram’s
- Irish whiskey: Bushmill’s
- Tennessee whiskey: George Dickel
- Wine: Sterling vinyards, Beaulieu, Chalone, Acacia
I think all I’d miss is the occasional Guinness and, sometimes, Lagavulin (though I prefer another malt).