Alabama’s getting hammered by a massive tornado, and that includes areas near and dear to Heathen Nation. Here’s a roundup of the links sent my way in the last hour:
A little roundup of Alabama tornado links:
- Video from, reportedly, McFarland and 15th street; apparently the mall is mostly unscathed, but pretty much everything else at that intersection is gone.
- More video from the same spot
- Live video from an apartment balcony from a college student, god love ’em.
- DCH apparently okay despite earlier reports of destruction
- More video from the local CBS station, showing the size of the storm — more than a mile, apparently.
- Another still of the tornado itself
- More (breathlessly narrated) video from a student.
- Another twitpic
- A camphone shot from the north side of the UA campus, facing south towards the stadium
- Absolutely horrifying video shot by Crimson Tide Productions; I think we can forgive the heavy background breathing given the subjejct.
Also, not to make light, but no more HotNow, Tide faithful.
Reports put the wind at 177 knots, which would put it well into F4 territory.
Finally, there’s a longrunning live feed at ABC 33/40. This storm started in eastern Mississippi, and is still causing havoc east of Birmingham.
No clear word on any campus damage, but one bystander stated that it was possible to see Coleman Coliseum from the parking lot of University Mall. If true, that’s mindblowing.
Ol’ Mohney notes that this guy’s Twitter stream has lots of updates.