Monthly Archives: March 2021
In retrospect, it’s probably for the best that this never aired
This was making the rounds a bit ago, but didn’t get quite the traction is deserved.
I had nearly forgotten, but about 10 years ago there was an effort by TV giant David E. Kelly (L. A. Law, Chicago Hope, Ally McBeal) to bring Wonder Woman back to TV. His star was Adrianne Palicki, then hot from Friday Night Lights.
The cast included Elizabeth Hurley (as the villain!), Cary Elwes — and a then unknown PEDRO PASCAL, which is why it’s hilarious.
The online clips look bad and clunky, so we’re probably all better off this didn’t sell. (Alan Sepinwall called it “embarrassing,” for example.)
Today in Wholesome Developments
The 80s were a special time
I think this Bulova ad makes that pretty clear.
Because some of you are CHILDREN, in order of appearance, we have:
- Morgan Fairchild, famous mostly for a nighttime soap called Falcon Crest — a spinoff of Dynasty — but really a working actor for most of the last 50 years. Fairchild is now 71.
- Johnny Cash. He’s too iconic to need a link, but had he lived — he died in 2003 — he’d be 89.
- Bernadette Peters, mostly famous for being Bernadette Peters. She is now 73.
- Roger Daltrey, of the Who. Daltrey is 77.
- Cathy Lee Crosby was, at the time, mostly famous for being on a tabloid-tv show called That’s Incredible. She’s now 76.
And, of course, Muhammad Ali — also too iconic to need a link — who passed in 2016. He’d have turned 79 in January, though.